Lincoln Community Playhouse is proud to announce auditions for OLIVER! Auditions for children (ages 10-17) will take place on Saturday, March 1st from 1-4 pm. Auditions on Monday, March 3rd and 4th will be from 6-7 pm for children and 7-10 pm for adults (ages 18+). Callbacks will be March 5th. Rehearsals will begin on March 17th. Performance dates are May 9-11, 15-18.
For the audition, prepare 16-32 bars from a Broadway musical (not from OLIVER!), that really showcases your voice and vocal range. Bring piano sheet music in your key for the accompanist. There will be a short dance routine, please come dressed to move. Please bring a photo and be prepared to list all conflicts from March 10th-May 25th. Typical rehearsals are Monday-Friday 7-10 pm. Not all cast members will be called for all rehearsals.
Erik Gosnell will direct with Kristen Works as Music Director and Karen Freimund Wills as choreographer.
• Oliver Twist, the protagonist of the story. He is a lonely orphan boy born in the workhouse. Male. Age 10-14.
• Fagin, a conniving career criminal, takes in homeless boys and teaches them to pick pockets for him. 40-60.
• Nancy, Bill Sikes’ lover. She takes a liking to Oliver and treats him like her own child. Age 25-35.
• Mr. Brownlow, a kind man of wealth and breeding. Age 50-75.
• Bill Sikes, Nancy’s brutal and abusive lover, a burglar and her eventual murderer. Age 30-45.
• Mr. Bumble, the pompous beadle of the workhouse in which Oliver was born. Age 45-65.
• The Artful Dodger, the cleverest of Fagin’s pickpockets, he introduces Fagin to Oliver. Male. Age 12-18.
• Mr. and Mrs. Sowerberry, the insensitive couple who take in Oliver and use him in their funeral business. Age 40-60.
• Mrs. Corney, the matron of the workhouse where Oliver was born. Age 45-60.
• Charlotte Sowerberry, the rude but also flirtatious daughter of the Sowerberrys. Age 14-19.
• Noah Claypole, The Sowerberrys’ apprentice, he bullies Oliver about his mother and enjoys a flirtatious relationship with Charlotte. Age 14-22.
• Dr. Grimwig, foppish doctor and friend of Mr. Brownlow. Age 45-55.
• Bet, Nancy’s friend, one of Fagin’s former pickpockets. Age 16-28.
• Charley Bates, one of Fagin’s pickpockets. He is Dodger’s sidekick. Age 10-17.
• Mrs. Bedwin, house-servant to Mr. Brownlow and caretaker of Oliver. Age 45-65
• Workhouse Boys/ Fagin’s Gang –ages 10-17, boys AND girls, singers and/or dancers.
• Londoners – Looking for adult and teen actors ages 16 and up for various roles, ensemble, dancers, singers, actors, musicians, special skills. All are welcome.
Sponsors are Farmer’s Mutual of Nebraska, Cornerstone Print & Marketing, and Nebraska Nursery and Color Gardens. Season sponsor is Russ's Market. Media sponsor is KFOR-1240.